How Do I Stay Optimistic...A Look Up Story



A lot of great people have shared their thoughts on how one can always be optimistic in their life. For example, Anais Nin once said  that we don't see things as they are. We always look at things as we are. I've always been inspired by these types of thought leaders. Be it the way I live or the way I work or the way I build relationships. When it comes to my personal development, I always try to improve my outlook on life rather than focusing too much on me as a person. I've always believed in the principle, when you change your outlook on life, everything looks different. 

We might have all heard of the story of optimist/pessimist's look at a glass of water. An optimist would say it's a glass of water filled in half. Meanwhile, the pessimist would say it's a half-emptied glass of water. 

I will share one of my life experiences on how I turned from a pessimist to an optimist. I always think of the outcome before beginning an activity. It's an example of how I learned to drive a car. There have been several instances where situation demanded me driving a car. I have always been worrying about, what if I get into an accident. What will I do, when people honk at me while I'm driving slowly? What if I hit someone on road? There was 1000s of negative questions in my life because of which I never drove a car till I met a friend of mine. He made me realize that I've been extremely pessimistic. He told me to keep in mind that the road I'm gonna drive is mine. You drive the way you wanted to drive. All you need to keep in mind is the rule set by the government and not by the people around you. If someone is honking at you, let them honk. It's wastage of their energy and not yours. That was an inspiration. I picked up the car for the first time keeping all the tips in mind. It was quite effortless. I was able to drive without any worries. That's when I realized it's all about the mindset. You don't always have to think of an outcome. Even if you want to, always think of a good outcome. Keep in mind Aamir Khan's popular movie dialog 'ALL IS WELL'. 

I will share another quite similar life experience. I used a have a lot of stage fear during my under graduation times. I always shied away from stages thinking people might mock me if I make mistakes. It was all out there till one of my favorite professors advised me. He told me, keep in mind whoever is sitting in front of you is an IDIOT. That includes your college principal, head of departments, senior professors and fellow classmates. That completely changed my outlook towards public speeches. I started making effortless speeches in front of crowds ranging from 50-500. 

It's all about the mindset. It's all about the way we look at things. One can always stay optimistic if they don't let the distraction control them. It should be the other way around. 

Meet the new housing, which is bringing optimism to the world - https://housing.com/lookup
No comments

No comments :